Most business sales are not handled by business brokers. Many business owners believe they know who the best buyer is and simply want to save by paying a commission.
So should you use a business broker?
- Can you emotionally detach yourself from your business when it is scrutinized by the buyer
- Do you have the time to handle a sale and run your business simultaneously?
- Do you know more than one buyer for your business?
- Do you know how to structure the sale for optimal benefit?
- Do you know how to work with buyers and control confidentiality?
- If you answered no to any of these questions, you should consider using a business broker [click here for vetted professionals]
There will always be a need for a full-service business broker. You must determine if you have the time and competency to run a process while you operate your business. Let us know if you need help.